Wednesday 26 May 2010

Still missing you both

It is two years ago since my dear gran passed away, it still feels like only a short time ago.  I still miss going to visit her and sharing all my news with her.  It is due to this wonderful woman that I am so crafty.  She patiently taught me how to knit and sew and always encouraged me to craft from a very early age.  She never minded me making loads of mess and she loved to look at my albums.

This is one of the last photographs I have of her when she was last well enough to go out to a family party. 

And this is my gran with my dad, not sure of the year exactly but it is probably 1943 or 1944.

It is also 10 years since my grandad died and last year for a weekly challenge I did this layout - I have kept the journalling private about how much I miss them - the photo of the cake lifts up to reveal my journalling. 

This photo was taken at their Diamond wedding anniversary party - I am so glad that we had the camcorder and Richard recorded the party so I have them captured on video and can watch whenever I am missing them.

4 comments:

  1. hugs love. Lovley lo, does the photo justice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely page, clever idea for the hidden journalling :-)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that crate paper. I have used all mine up :( It goes well with the photos and a great isea to hide the journalling under the cake photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful layout and a lovely idea to put the journalling in the cake :) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...