Tuesday 18 May 2010

Weekly challenges on UKS

I don't always do the weekly challenge every week but was keen to do this week's as Judith from my Twilight addicts social group had set the challenge.

For the challenge we had to use green, use a question as our title and include metal and doodling.  So this was a challenge to me as I rarely use metal embellishments and I am not over fond of doodling.  But I gritted my teeth and this is what I came up with -

The photograph is my eldest nephew Antony striking a pose in his new sunglasses and Bart Simpson jacket.  I am trying to scrap more of my older photographs so was pleased to finally do something with this one from 1991.  I used Sarah's Cards January kit which was based around Flutter Butter papers (Bo Bunny).  Whilst I had the kit out I decided to carry on and do another layout and had these photographs from the same day in 1991 -

This is my niece Milly having fun with Antony - she use to love to pull hair and Antony didn't seem to mind much.

So in the spirit of using my kits instead of them just sitting in a box I moved on and did a third layout, using  a more up to date photograph this time -

This is from our lovely crop weekend away to Debden last September.  As usual we always have a little photoshoot in the gardens.  This is me with Sy, Sarah and Wendy who I crop with every month.  And if you are wondering why the title 'beanie babes' well Cardinal Colours use to be called Jillybeans so our social group for crop chatter was called 'The Beanie Babies'.

Well I can't believe it - 3 layouts in one afternoon, that is most productive for me LOL.  I also made some cards and finished a class layout but I will save them for another day.

6 comments:

  1. well done Karen some fabulous layouts there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy it takes me all afternoon to do 1 Lo! Great Lo's tho I love Bo Bunny papers its almost a shame to cut them up they're just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab layouts Karen, wow 3 in one day! I echo what Jess said except it takes me days to do a layout LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More beautiful work. Good to see you and the girls in the Debden LO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Love the LOs. Reminds me that I forgot to get my debden photos printed. Thanks for the CD you gave me at the crop- I must remember to copy what I want and give it back... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super productive! Well done. I love that you make cards with the scraps from your kits as soon as you're done - that's so great. Very pretty layouts, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...