Tuesday 3 August 2010

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 112

This week at Penny Black Saturday Challenge we had to follow a recipe - one circle, two papers and three flowers.

I made this card using some leftovers from a class taken by Anita M at Cardinal Colours, I think the papers are Basic Grey Eva


I made the flowers myself using a woodware sun punch and L-Em.com stamen punch as taught at the Jane Gill class that I took a couple of weeks ago at Cardinal Colours.

As I had made a load of these flowers I decided to make another card as I still had some of the patterned papers left over, so came up with this one



I used small wedges of rolled card strips to tip the flowers around the central one at angles, it works pretty well - here is a close up


The leaves were made using a woodware oak leaf punch and I used a sharp tool and moulding mat to add the veins and shaping to them.

This is the class that Anita did back in either April or May - I always save my scraps from the classes for my cards


You can see some of Anita's fab work on her blog Inkyblossom

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Karen, those flowers are amazing, just love the leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet card karen and thanks for joining in the cookathon this week over at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Karen, I love the cards and the LO :)

    The flowers are so pretty, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cornflowers Karen. They are so effective and a beautiful card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are simply stunning Karen and I just love how you worked those leaves...both cards are just gorgeous....and you are always sooo good at using up your scraps..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, sweet cards karen, love the flowers and stunning layout too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cards a fabulous, think that is a punch I need to get for my collection they make fabulous flowers. Beautiful cards, and love the big flowers on the layout

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...