Sunday 29 August 2010

Scrapology - A is for Apertures

Scrapology had a fab challenge this month A is for Apertures.  This is the sketch -


As I had recently done a starburst layout for one of Anita's fab classes at Cardinal Colours I decided to do something a little different.  So I cut ovals into my patterned paper and framed the edges with loads of little punched vellum flowers.



These photos are from 18 years ago when myself and my god-daughter Milly were bridesmaids.  Milly from quite young was nicknamed 'Little Karen' as like me she loved all things pink and girly, I called her my mini me.

The patterned paper is American Crafts I Do - Amaryllis, which I have overstamped in a pale pink ink and a Fancy Pants swirly flower stamp.  The pink vellum has lovely pink glitter roses swirled over the top and is from EK Success Disney range.  I used a SU flower punch and Stickles Cotton Candy in the centre of each flower to hide the glue.  The butterflies were punched with an EK Success punch and embellished with Kaisercraft pearls.  The title is done with alpha stickers from Prima - they are so pretty with little crystals embedded into the letters.  I originally bought them for my wedding album but thought they were ideal for this page.

A close up of  a butterfly and one of the photographs



And my mini me is no longer mini, she is taller than me LOL!!!  I look forward to next month's challenge.

And it's my Birthday today, so here are the coffee and walnut cupcakes I made

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Karen. Thanks for entering the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous LO Karen... love it's dreamy filmy look and the butterflies are adorable. Thanks so much for playing along and sharing with us :-)

    Happy Birthday BTW! Those cakes look scrummy....!! any going spare? ;-)
    jkxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely lo honey buns and hmmmm cakes look scrummy. mind if i take one for me and him?
    loads of love

    Lisa
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those pictures and great layout and gorgeous pink butterflies. Well done on the new challenge blog.....and those cupcakes, mmmm, i want one :)
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen! This IS beautiful work.....gentle, dainty and delicate....with a gentle smidging of flutterbys....just what I would I expect from you! i love it...thank you so much for playing along with us on Scrapology. And...I am so sorry I missed your birthday :(, please forgive me! Late birthday wishes winging their way down the A22 to you..xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely LO, and hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday, those cakes look yummy, maybe I should think about them for 17th?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lo Karen. The butterflies are just beautiful! Oh and I so want one of those coffee and walnut cakes Mmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very delicate and time consuming, but another fabby lo :) Yumm Yumm for the buns

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really gorgeous LO :) I love the beautiful, delicate butterflies and flowers, they are lovely! The cakes look rather yummy too!!

    I hope you had a fantastic day yesterday and a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...