Monday 27 September 2010

My Favourite layout

Mel from Created by ATDML has asked to see favourite layouts.  I am a terrible critic of my own work but do have some layouts that I absolutely love and when I feel that I have got everything about the layout just right.

This layout is one of those layouts and my most favourite as it is from my wedding day that was the most perfect fun day ever.

I did this layout for a challenge on an old forum called The Craft Diner, the lovely Anita aka Inky Blossom challenged us to do a chuck it all on page, to really go to town with our embellishments.  At the time I found it really hard to scrapbook like this but I came up with this layout -


And a close up of some of the detail



I really enjoyed doing this page and was thrilled with how it turned out.  It now has pride of place in my wedding album and Anita chose my page as the challenge winner - a huge honour as Anita is an amazingly talented scrapbooker.  Since then I have not been afraid to chuck it all on when it has been necessary.

I am looking forward to seeing what other people show as their favourite layouts.

6 comments:

  1. I'll say it again, a beautiful page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. REally beautiful page , all the blossoms are great and it would not be the same without a butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Karen and you look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, you know i LOVE this page....and I know it was hard for you to let go and 'throw it all on'.....but wasn't it so worth it!!. I was so impressed when you did, its soooo pretty. Awwww, you say such kind things too....making me blush (((hugs)))..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this one!!! We chucked it on at Debden!! Fun. I think it freed us all up, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking your favourite layout to the ATDML blog. Anita is such an inspiration isn't she? And you have carried off this style so well - i think sometimes it is fun to have a go at something we are less comfortable with and more often than not you end up enjoying it and repeating the techniques \ ideas on other projects. Mel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...