Monday 13 September 2010

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 118

The challenge this week on Penny Black Saturday Challenge is Men/Boys.  And yes I did groan when I saw that as after all these years of cardmaking I still find it a real challenge to make male cards.  I think it is because I love to put flowers, butterflies, glitter and bling onto my cards and I feel really restricted when doing a male card as I can't use the embellishments that I love.

I have recently been trying to buy more stamps that are male orientated and I love these Penny Black stamps that feature the cows and other farm animals.

This is a card that I have made for one of my nephews' 18th birthday.


The patterned paper is Basic Grey Cupcake, the chipboard numbers are plain Thickers coloured with a glitter gel pen.  The sentiments are Hero Arts and the border punch is Martha Stewart.  I stamped the cows twice and raised up the top layer on foam pads but it doesn't really show in this photograph.

I must make an effort to make more male cards and I will be interested in seeing what others do for this week's challenge - hopefully I will get some inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. oh what fun they are - I haven't seen them before :) A fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant fun image and perfect card for this weeks challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black.

    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is fab! That is such a cute stamp! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your fun male card karen...cute male card..thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this card and your cutting skills are amazing!! The dimension is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...