Wednesday 20 October 2010

Debden weekend Part 3

These days when I go away on retreats instead of spending ages making up page kits before I go I tend to just grab some of my monthly kits and a pile of photos that I think will go with the kits.  It saves a lot of time with the packing.

I did these two layouts using Sarah's Cards August Kit - Kaiser Peachy Keen


I used a Martha Stewart deep edge punch to produce the blue lattice work and the title is cut on the Bigshot using Sizzix Santa's Workshop.  Last year we did a narrowboat holiday with my parents, my sister, my brother-in-law and their three children plus another niece.  Being April the weather could be quite nippy first thing in the morning and various people sported these rather nifty knitted hats with ear flaps - a great idea for keeping the lugholes warm.

For the next layout I pinched the chipboard birdhouse that had come with September's kit.  I don't tend to use birds as embellishments and I was not sure how to use the sheet of Peachy Keen that had birds on it.  Then whilst looking at some really old photos I found some of my cousin Keith and remembered that my Uncle always use to tell him to watch the birdie when he was about to have photograph taken - all of a sudden it fell into place how I could use these items for a layout.


The title is cut on the Bigshot and is Sizzix Slobbery Kiss.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely the layouts and the birdies! My son wears one of those types of hats but it us fur and courduroy and I often think I should really get one too as cold wind gives me earache. Lots of people comment on his hat and how they wish they had one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Slobbery Kiss font! Must resist the temptation to get 12-inch plates and dies... nowhere to store them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...