Thursday 18 November 2010

Cheats' Mince Pies

I am not a huge fan of dried fruit so have never really liked mince pies until I started making my own.  I like to jazz up plain boring mincemeat by adding loads of dried cranberries, chopped glace cherries and a big glug of Cointreau.  I usually make it the night before I need it so the mincemeat has time to soak up all the alcohol.  I then cheat even further by using frozen pastry.  Once upon a time I did make my own pastry but now due to health issues I just don't have the time or energy to mess around like that.  Last year I bought some fab mini morsel baking tins from Lakeland to make mini bite sized mince pies.

Here are some I made last week

Ready for the oven -


Freshly cooked -


And a layout that I did last year about my Cheats' Mince Pies


I used one of my favourite kits last year from Sarah's Cards - Cosmo Cricket Early Bird.

It is that time of the year now when I will be making loads of mince pies for the freezer ready for Christmas.  People seem to get offended if I turn up over Christmas and I am not clutching a container of mince pies LOL!!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Sarah - yummy yum Karen, oh and the LO is good too:o)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my but your mince pies sound divine! I am not a huge mince pie fan although I do like the occasional one but yours definitely sound up my alley, especially with cherries and cranberries, yum! Love the layout, really beautiful papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yummy yum yum! These look( and sound) delish Karen! Love the layout too!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...