Saturday 8 January 2011

Anita's December Class

As always Anita did an extra special class for December.  This month we could do either a layout or a canvas based on this layout by Anita.

I chose to do a canvas to give to my parents for Christmas and I scanned and converted to black & white one of their cruise photographs from the Round the UK cruise that they did in August with my dear niece Milly.



There was a lot of handcutting to this class which I didn't mind, I find it quite therapeutic.  Sorry that the photograph is not the greatest, I had to quickly get it photographed before wrapping and delivering it and the light conditions even during the day were dreadful.

Some close ups of the handcutting which was raised up on foam pads





Supplies

Pink Paislee 'Queen Bee'
Bazill cardstock - Auckland and Bitter Chocolate
Crystal and Icicle Stickles
Martha Stewart butterfly punch

Thank you Anita for another lovely class - my parents loved the canvas.

5 comments:

  1. that is really gorgeous, I bet they loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Karen that is really gorgeous your parents must have loved it!!! That is fab hand cutting, I quite like handcutting most of the time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Karen this is really stunning, I bet your parents were delighted with it as its really beautiful :)

    All the hand cutting and layering was well worth all your effort as it really finishes the canvas off beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that really is lovely Karen, its so nice to see it all finished. I am so pleased your parents loved it. Especially loving the close up shots of all the details, the Stickles have shown up so well haven't they.
    hope you have had a lovely crop today.
    Warmest wishes Anita..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely present and fab memento for your parents! Looks like a brilliant class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...