Monday 5 September 2011

Greenland and Iceland Adventure - First Formal night

One of my favourite parts of the cruise are the formal nights especially the Captain's Welcome Party.  It is so nice to get really dressed up and all the ladies look so lovely in their posh frocks and all the men look just like James Bond in their black ties.

We love meeting people on cruises so had requested to sit at a large table for 8/10 for evening dining and we were very lucky to be put with two other lovely couples - Marion & Tim and Pam & Trevor.  On the first formal night all the officers dine in the main restaurant and as we were on a large table we had the Chief Engineer Kjartan Steinsletten join us that evening - he spoke very good English and had some interesting stories to tell about the many cruises he has done on Black Watch.

Richard and I -


Our dining companions with the Chief Engineer -


Sadly the other photographs we had taken that evening we weren't able to purchase as they came out with a large green line across my glasses and this proved to be a problem with most of the other photographs taken by the ship's photographer.  We did go back for a photo session another evening minus my glasses as I do like to get some nice pictures of us together - I will share those in another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...