Wednesday 14 September 2011

Greenland and Iceland Adventure - Downtown Reykjavik

On our second day in Reykjavik we went into the city for a poodle about, whilst Richard went on a whale watching trip.

There were lots of lovely statues to be photographed, plus some icelandic seagulls for Wendy and I was exposed to yarn-bombing for the first time (I did have to come home and google why a tree was wearing knitted covers LOL!!)



Icelandic seagull for Wendy



Statues, sculptures and houses





And this place appealed to my funny sense of humour - it said it was an English Pub but was only selling Irish beer LOL!!


Sadly it was now time to leave Iceland after only two days - I really hope to come back here again one day and explore more of it.

We now had another three and a half days at sea to look forward to before arriving back home in Dover, so we made sure that we got a last glimpse of land.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely selection of photos Karen to remember your fantastic holiday. I have never been to Iceland but it looks a very beautiful and interesting country xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where I'd seen that bunting before!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...