Thursday 22 December 2011

Red Squirrel Christmas Card

I sometimes get asked to make very specific cards and at one of my fundraisers I was asked if I could make a red squirrel card for a class teacher.  At first I thought that I might do a cross stitched card but then realised that I just wouldn't have time, so I did a hunt for an appropriate digi image to use.

I found a lovely image at Crafty Ann's Digi Shop and with the addition of some holly stamped using a Kanban stamp I made this card -



The background paper is from Craft Creations and I watercoloured the image with Derwent watercolour pencils.

I then decided that this would make a nice card for my Dad for Christmas so this is the version that I made for him using the same digi image.


The mats were cut using Spellbinder nestabilities and the sentiment is by Stampin' Up.

This is the first time that I have used a digi image for my cardmaking and I would certainly use them again if I didn't have the right stamp for the card that I wanted to make.

I am entering the bottom card into this month's Scrapology Card challenge which is to use leaves, leaf shapes and colours on your card.

6 comments:

  1. Very Cute Karen, you have been busy as usual!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Karen, your colouring is excellent. Thank you for sending me the link so that I could see your fabulous cards.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super card Karen, just love the image on there and as always your colouring is wonderful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, adorable card.
    Happy Christmas.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Karen and the colouring/shading of the images are amazing, you are so clever :)

    If I do not get chance to pop back on before Christmas I hope you and your family have a very, very Happy Christmas and enjoy all the festivities, Take Care, Luv Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Karen, why not enter the Dec card challenge on Scrapology with this one?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...