Thursday 5 April 2012

Ladies Who Lunch

I have recently joined a small sketch group on UKS called the Sketchy Scrappers - each month one person chooses a sketch for everyone to do and then we upload our takes on the sketch between the 1st and 4th of the following month.

This month it was the turn of Jess to choose a sketch and she gave us this one -


I love Beggahuna's sketches so it was fun to work with.

I used a really old kit from Sarah's Cards - pretty sure it was from early 2010 and had papers from Lily Bee Vintage Poppy in it, I also slipped in a piece of paper from another kit - Glitz Design's Love Nest.


The photographs are from my last visit to Champney Springs back in August 2011 and having lunch with my friends on the last day.  We are all meeting up there again this August - I can't wait!!  The title is a Prima alphabet and the blossoms are from my stash, the foliage was cut with a Sizzlet die.  The ink splashes are Mr Huey's Classic Tan - I thought I had put my layout safe to one side whilst we were having lunch - well it was safe from me but not from other people and I found two large grease spots on it - eek!!  The only thing I could think to do was to cover the spots up with the mist and then splash it around the rest of the layout.

It is my turn to choose this month's sketch - I have narrowed it down to two!!

7 comments:

  1. Fab layout Karen, love that sketch may have to grab that one, nice photo of you Ladies, enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous LO Karen, I love all the different elements that you have added. A great take on the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great page, well done on the inking

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great page Karen, well done on the inking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Jess chose a fantastic sketch and your layout is gorgeous! You are getting very brave with the splatters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous page Karen, great photos and beautifully scrapped. Loving that sketch too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colour choices on this one Karen - so pretty. Lovely LO.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...