Tuesday 17 April 2012

Sarah's Cards Retreat layouts Part One

Last month I had a fabulous weekend at my 3rd Sarah's Cards retreat in Warrington.  As always there were some lovely classes to participate in -


We kicked off the weekend with Tracey's class on the Friday evening using LilyBee 'Harvest Market' papers.  I wouldn't normally pick bright papers like these for a christening layout but they do really work.


Saturday morning we did this beautiful class with Ifa - a wee bit out of my comfort zone as it involved misting and as you can see my misting skills still need working on.  I found these lovely pictures of my Mum taken on Eastbourne beach in the late 50s/early 60s and they were perfect for the layout.  We used Crate 'Paper Heart' and American Crafts Flutterbys which are not as easy to use as they look, it is very easy to get in a right mess with them LOL!!


On Saturday afternoon we did this class with Lou - it was really lovely but needed lots of precise measuring for each part of the grid.  We used My Mind's Eye 'Lost and Found II'

I will put the other three layouts in another blog post.

8 comments:

  1. What fab projects to put together? These are gorgeous LO's Karen, they are all lovely. Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layouts, really love the second one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts, amazing how the same class layouts look so different. Love the baby page, the bold colours work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts Karen and I love those photos of your Mum! Misting is very addictive so I won't be surprised to see lots of misting appearing on your pages ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great when you're out of your comfort zone when taking a class - it means that you'll be pushed! Every layout is lovely, but I particularly like the first one ... fantastic results, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the layouts Karen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. All really lovely Karen - I especially love your boats lo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...