Thursday 9 August 2012

Norty Boys & Ny Alesund

Within our UKS Social Group - The Twilight Addicts, we have recently had a mini cybercrop.  Lisa set us two challenges.

The first challenge was to use a favourite tool, a sketch, stash that is over a year old and to use either funny photos or have a funny title.

This was the Pagemaps sketch that she gave us to use -


I adapted it to use on a single page layout.


I used Basic Grey Two Scoops and chose dies and punches as my favourite tools.  The photographs are of Vern and Rodger - two little friends that joined us earlier this year at Meadow Barn.

Lisa's second challenge was to use a piece of equipment that you have hardly or never used.  Also to use 3 sheets of paper that you hate or dislike, use 4 or more photographs and use a favourite sketch to make a double layout.  At first I thought what a horrible challenge but this ended up being one of my favourites this weekend.


I used a Sarah's Cards kit that I really didn't like, this happens rarely but these papers just weren't me and I have struggled to use them.  They are Crate Paper 'Season'.  The tool that I have barely used was one that I have never used - the iTop bradmaker.  I won it in an online competition and have never used it so had a lot of fun making my own brads to co-ordinate with the layout.  I don't have a favourite sketch but I loved a lot of Shimelle's 6x4 love classes especially the May class - I have tweaked it slightly and made my photographs a bit smaller so that I could use 6 instead of 5.  Other supplies used are the Stampin' Up scalloped border punch and two different sets of AC Thickers.

A closer look at each side -







Thank you Lisa for two lovely challenges!!

2 comments:

  1. Love these two pages Karen. The double one looks great even if you're not keen on the papers and the brads are the perfect embellishment to go with everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these two pages Karen. The double one looks great even if you're not keen on the papers and the brads are the perfect embellishment to go with everything

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...