Sunday 7 October 2012

Lemon Overload Cake - Blogtoberfest #7

I have recently added Lemon Drizzle (or Dribble as it is known at Chez Parkhurst) Cake to my repertoire after tasting the delicious one that Fiona made at Meadow Barn earlier this year.  She uses this recipe from Yummy Mummy.  I hadn't got any square or rectangle baking tins of the right size to make the recipe so I used two 7" round tins instead and that got me to thinking about making a supersized lemon cake sandwiched together with a lemony filling.

For my lemon filling I creamed 3oz unsalted butter with 6oz sifted icing sugar and added 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.  I added the butter icing to one side of the cake and lemon marmalade to the other side (you could use lemon curd but I hate the stuff LOL!!) and then sandwiched the two halves together.


I wasn't sure what to call it but my Mum solved that one - as she declared it to be an overload of lemons!!  It definitely has the thumbs up from Mr P, he is very strange and doesn't love my coffee cake, so he would much rather I bake lemon overload cake!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...