Saturday 9 February 2013

9 on the 9th - some of my favourite non-papercrafts blogs

I'm a day early for Shimelle's 10 on the 10th blog post so only going to do a list of 9 things.

This month I thought I would share links to some other blogs that I like to look at that are not papercrafting blogs.

1.  The 'Love What You Wear' Project

A friend of mine is joining in with this where you pledge not to buy any new clothes for a year, instead you repair, refashion or make from scratch your own clothes.  I would love to join but I am so hopeless with making clothes.  I can do very basic repairs and simple alterations but that is about it - I remember the trauma of taking a whole year at school to make an apron and then another year to make one skirt.  But I am enjoying following what others are doing and I love seeing some of the refashions that people are doing with charity shop finds.  I am hoping that I might be able to get the confidence to make something quite basic for myself.

2.  My Make and Do Mend Year

I found Jen's blog via The 'Love What You Wear' Project.  Jen is going one step further and is trying not to buy anything new for a year - lots of enjoyable posts on green living, upcycling, repurposing, crafting and recipes.

3.  A Year Without Supermarkets

I found Team Pugh via Jen's blog and I now look forward to their daily blog posts on how they are managing with giving up shopping in supermarkets for a year.   As well as updates on how they are coping, they also share recipes and other interesting tit-bits about their lives.

4.  Mum's Monkey

A daily blog post about the adventures and musings of Mum's Monkey, Darrell and Nigel.  A visit to this blog never fails to put a smile on my face for the day.

5.  The Small Things Blog

Lots of lovely hair and make up tutorials, plus articles on clothes, fashion and home decor.  Kate's hair tutorials are all on YouTube and really easy to follow.

6.  The Pink Whisk

This is my favourite cookery blog - Ruth Clemens was the runner up in the first ever Great British Bake Off in 2010.  Her blog is packed full of lots of lovely recipes - each one accompanied by great step by step instructions plus photographs. 

7.  Charity Shop Chic

Lots of lovely ideas on how to refashion clothes to make lovely new outfits

8.  Wacky Laki

Lots of great nail art ideas and some good tutorial and nail care tips

9.  One Good Thing

Lots of recipes, household tips and homemade stuff

So there are some of the other blogs that I like to visit - have you any favourite blogs that you would like to share?

3 comments:

  1. A nice idea to share blogs on other topics Karen. I know the first three, although I found Jen before joining the TLWYW project. I'll be checking out the Charity Shop Chic. I'm sure it'll be right up my street. Thanks for sharing.
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at your 9 things! Great list of non crafty blogs. I loved the TeamPugh one :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea of sharing non craft blogs :) ... I follow the pink whisk, but I'm going to check out the others too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...