Saturday 6 April 2013

Butterfly stamped apron

After trying my hand at fabric painting on our cruise, I decided to have a go at using fabric inks with my stamps to decorate a plain apron.


I stamped my name using some Martha Stewart alphabet stamps

 

And then stamped lots of butterflies with Kaisercraft stamps and coloured them in with fabric ink pens (Versacraft)



I added a hint of glitter to the butterflies with Tulip fabric paint and then when it was all dry I heat set it with a hot iron.  Sadly I didn't get a photograph of me actually wearing the apron on my craft weekend but it certainly saved me from getting ink all over my clothes - I have a nasty habit of dropping ink pads in my lap LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Karen. Even more fabulous in real life.
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely, I bet you're over the moon with it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...