Monday 31 August 2015

Me on Monday

Oh how these Mondays roll round so fast, I believe we had one only last week - though this Monday feels strange, it feels like a Sunday, perhaps because of the bank holiday.  Mind you it is typical bank holiday weather - good job I had planned to stay at home

It was a birthday weekend at Parkhurst Towers, though sadly Mr P had to work all weekend but I still had a nice time.  I was very spoilt, cards had been arriving all week in the post and I had some lovely handmade ones which as always are shown off on the mantelpiece.

I was spoilt with lots of lovely presents including a lovely new handbag, another Beatrix Potter figurine for my collection, some Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamps and dies (I have been wanting these for ages) and money to spend on stash and beads.

Note:  the big bar of Aero that I was given did not last long enough to make it into a photograph LOL!!

All my well wishers on Facebook kept telling me to have cake and something fizzy - so I did -

 I made a Lemon Overload Cake to take to my parents, which was washed down nicely with a few glasses of Prosecco.

So back to that damp Bank Holiday Monday - well I have plenty to keep me out of mischief, I made these post it note pads over the weekend for my next fundraiser, they need embellishing with flowers or butterflies.

And Mum has knitted this topsy turvy doll, so I get the job of embroidering the flowers on her dress and putting her together ready for the fundraiser. 

So plenty to keep me occupied today - normal service of laundry and housework will resume tomorrow!!

If you get a chance go and give Sian over at From High in the Sky a wave - she started the whole Me on Monday thing.  Have a good week everyone xx

3 comments:

  1. Cake and Prosecco sound like the perfect way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a happy birthday ... Let the celebrations continue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic collection of cards you have there :) I'm glad you got some birthday celebrating in and the weather didn't dampen your spirits. Have a great week Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...