Monday 16 January 2017

Memos, Mail, Me: It's Monday

It's Monday (again) and for once I am being a bit organised and not dashing in at the last minute before it becomes Tuesday!!  So as it is Monday you know the drill by now, it is time to say hello to Sian and the other Mondayers over at From High in the Sky.  For this year Sian is focusing on the mail that has dropped on our doormat over the past week.  It has been a good week mail-wise for me, not a single brown envelope, no red cards of doom from postie, just the usual junk and a couple of pieces to make me smile.

Those who know me well, know that I am a Penny Black junkie - I am trying to rein the habit in but I just can't resist so I try to limit myself to just one or maybe two items from each new collection. There is a new Valentines collection just been released, I had done a pre-order a couple of weeks ago and this dropped on my doormat at the weekend.


I can't wait to get these inky and coloured in, I already know which one I will be using for Mr Ps Valentines card.

Sian's post last week reminded me that due to the visitation of the plague to Parkhurst Towers I never did order my Christmas present to myself, so I got straight onto Etsy and sorted that out.  I wish all my mail was delivered wrapped like this -


I almost didn't want to unwrap it and inside was this little gem - Julie Kirk's Snipped Tales


I have only had a little flick through so far, it is hard to put it down and I say just one more tale, oh go on then, just two more.

The weekend was a pretty quiet affair, Saturday evening was spent with my parents, hearing more tales from their Christmas and New Year cruise and we watched The Hunger Games - can you believe I have never seen any of the films??  It was pretty good and Dad has the next two films on DVD for us to watch.  Sunday I threw caution to the wind and started packing all my kits for next weekend's retreat - yes I know a tad early for me but I have decided to be ahead of the game for once.  I hope I have packed enough kits - not always easy to tell how much I will get done in a weekend and I know there will be challenges set over the weekend, so I have put a small box of spare photographs into the tote as well.  I still need to pack all my crafting bits but that should be fairly easy as my tote and bag are crop ready most of the time - the joy of having a regular monthly crop to go to.

I am sure this week is going to go quickly, I have the retreat to prepare for but before that I have the chiropodist, the hairdresser and my ears being syringed to look forward to - I can't wait to hear again and be able to dispense with the subtitles on the TV - the poor spelling and appalling grammar is driving me mad LOL!!

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to say hello to Sian

2 comments:

  1. lol! I can't help smiling at the thought of you being driven mad by poor subtitling. Ear syringing isn't the most fun way to spend half an hour but the end result is even better than having a clean pair of glasses!

    It's lovely to see another copy of Julie's book. Isn't she clever?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a lot of happy mail, and a scrapbook retreat to look forward to is really special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...