Tuesday 7 February 2017

Memos, Mail, Me on a Monday - errrr except it is now Tuesday

Whoops I didn't get here yesterday to join in with Sian's Me on Monday.  I do have a note from my Mum though LOL - I spent yesterday in hospital waiting rooms with her whilst she had more intra-ocular injections done and they found that she has another problem in her good eye.  It was also Dad's birthday yesterday but as we knew we were going to be at the hospital we went out with them on Friday to celebrate early.

It was a good weekend but one of those weekends when I just forgot to take any photographs.  We spent the day in town on Friday and had a birthday lunch with Dad.  Then on Saturday I had my monthly crop - a productive day with another two layouts finished from the 'to be finished' pile and another two layouts done from scratch plus a third one started.  Sunday was a lovely lazy day filled with bacon sandwiches, roast dinner, Prosecco and card making.

It has been a pretty quiet week mail wise apart from this lovely package -


This is the problem when you join the WI craft group and start learning new crafts - at our meeting last month we did some silk ribbon embroidery - I will shortly be making this into a card and of course I need more supplies and a book to help me do more!!


It was Dad's birthday yesterday and this is the card that I made for him -


The image is a new stamp from Stamping Bella called Calvin Loves His Computer and the papers are leftovers from a class kit, I think they are Echo Park 'Happy Days'.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.


I also gave him this card with his birthday money in - we made it last weekend as one of the Stampin' Up make and takes at the retreat.


Right I had better pop over and see Sian at From High in the Sky and make my apologies for being late LOL!!  Hope you have a great week everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Funny you should say that about WI Craft groups. I gave a talk/demonstration to a local one last week. They enjoyed making the two relatively simple cards and a couple of ladies were keen to start a new hobby.
    The balloon card is lovely. I can't wait to get my bundle. I think it will be very useful. A belated Happy Birthday to your Dad x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I'll make my apologies for being even more late! Blame knitting Club, which is where I was last night.

    I hope the injections help your mum's eye. They have made a big difference to my MIL.

    I have a friend who has just joined the WI and is making all kinds of things. She texts me pictures of the latest craft she's been up to. It sounds like a lot of fun. I love those little ribbons. I have some I keep for doll dress making. I'm looking forward to seeing your embroidery now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your weekend was fabulous - lots and lots of crafting. I hope your Mom's eyes have benefited from the shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...